Friday 9 October 2015

Calotype / Talbotype

I've started this blog in order to share my images and techniques for film photography, I've always been passionate about film / analogue photography and this is my blog to share. I've been a professional photographer for over 30 years and have decided to go back to my roots and shoot all of my own personal work on film.

This first post is a test shot taken with an old wooden vageeswari half plate camera which is roughly 5x7 inches, shot through an equally old Petzval lens ( which I picked up  over 30 years ago at an auction ). This image was shot using photographic paper and hopefully a good enough study of a Calotype / Talbotype photograph i.e. a paper negative. The talbotype was Invented by  Henry Fox Talbot in the 1800's. These paper negs are a modern day equivalent using modern photographic paper.

Below is the finished photo along with a photo of the set up and paper negative sitting in the fixer bath.

Click on the image to see a larger version.







No comments:

Post a Comment