Saturday 24 October 2015

Water Tower - using old out of date film

This could almost be a lesson on what not to do, especially if you're shooting an important project. I bought a half box of film - Ilford delta 400 from ebay, well that's what it was suppose to be, turns out it had a mixture of different types of film in the box, ho hum! - you take your chances - so thanks a bunch! - bloke in Greece for the mish mash out of date blotchy film!

I don't mind that the film was all marked and out of date, after all I only paid about £6 for it ( the marks on the negatives almost add something to the shot on this occasion ), luckily I was only testing my old Voigtlander Avus 9x12cm camera on it's first outing. A brilliant old camera BTW if your looking for a cheap way to get into large format photography and the camera is pretty light compaired to some of my cameras. Considering this camera is from the 1920's the shutter speeds all sound perfect, good old German workmanship and now that I have tested it, I can start to shoot more serious projects with it.


You can click on the images to see them larger.

 Voigtlander Avus camera.
This is the Jobo Multitank2 together with the 2509n spiral / film holder that I use for developing 9x12cm and 5x4" sheet film.
So here's the negative spots and all : )

And here's the final scanned negative to positive. It almost looks like there's white dust coming out of a chimney. I might do a silver print of this later to see how it prints. Now that I'm doing a blog on film photography, I'll start to take different photographs at different stages of all the processes for people looking to start their own film developing.

Click image for a larger version

No comments:

Post a Comment